Michael Jackson’s shoes to go on display in Co.Offaly
Bowling shoes once worn by Michael Jackson on a family visit to Jumpin Jacks in Tullamore are going on display this weekend to coincide with the global “Thrill the World” record breaking attempt in Co. Offaly.
Students from Colaiste Choilm in Tullamore will attempt to break the world record for the most number of people dancing simultaneously to Michael Jackson's "Thriller."
Millions of people in cities around the world have learnt the Thriller dance and are due to perform it at precisely the same time as they attempt to break last years world record. In Offaly, the performance will commence at 11am.
Proceeds from the event in Tullamore will go to the national voluntary body The Careers Association.
"When Michael Jackson lived in the midlands for four months he took his children bowling in Tullamore. The bowling centre, have kept his size nine bowling shoes that he wore, and no-one has worn them since. We are delighted to have them onstage for our 'Thrill the World' event," commented Emma Murphy of The Carers Association
'Thrill the World' is in its fifth year globally and participant numbers have grown from the initial 62 dancers in Toronto Canada in 2006 to 22,571 people in 264 cities from 33 nations in 2009.
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas