Michael Fassbender and Ryan Gosling top choices for lead in ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ movie
Irish star is hotly tipped by bookmakers to play lead role in erotic best seller
Ryan Gosling and Irish heartthrob Michael Fassbender have been tipped by bookmakers as the favorite to play the lead role in a Hollywood adaptation of literary and “mommy porn” sensation “50 Shades of Grey.”
Gosling has been given 2/1 odds to play Christian Grey, the sado masochistic master with ‘Prometheus’ actor Michael Fassbender just behind him with odds of 3/1 by Ladbrokes the British bookmaker.
Fassbender, who moved to Killarney at age 2 from Germany, is supposedly interested in the role
According to The Independent, one lady bet a three figure sum that Fassbender would nab the role of the billionaire from EL James bestselling novels.
‘Magic Mike’ star Channing Tatum said he would consider playing the role also. The 32-year-old told Glamour magazine he would definitely be interested in the part but only if his wife, Jenna Dewan, could play his co-star.
"I'd only be allowed if my wife was Ana. She’s read the books so I don’t think she’d be impressed if she couldn’t be Ana!" Channing said.
For the role of the female protagonist Anastasia Steele, both Mila Kunis and Scarlett Johansson have been named as contenders for the part.
“The nation has gone 50 shades of crazy for the book so it’s impossible to see how the film won’t be a success either," Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes betting agents told the Independent.
"The odds suggest 50 Shades will cane its competition in the box office.”
The erotic novels penned by British author E. L. James have enjoyed international success, selling over 20 million copies worldwide so far.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...
- Bono, Gerry Adams, President Higgins all...