Megan Fox and Lindsay Lohan battle it out for role in ‘Carrie’ reboot
Fox aims for lead role, despite Stephen King’s opinion
Megan Fox and Lindsey Lohan are set to battle it out for the leading role in the remake of horror classic “Carrie”, as MGM announced that the film’s production is moving forward.
MGM has hired Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa—the writer recently brought on to re-work the ill fated Broadway superhero musical, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark—to pen a screenplay that will remain truer to the novel than Brian De Palma's 1976 adaptation, making the search for the leading role the next step.
A source close to Fox has confirmed that the actress is a fan of the original 1976 film, and is “actively pursuing” the role.
“She's 25 now but she's sure she could still do justice to teenage Carrie. She's told her people to make it happen," the insider explained.
The master of horror Stephen King’s classic novels are known for being adapted into movies. Some, like “The Shining,” received negative critiques from King, but “Carrie” was one he fully supported.
“The real question is why, when the original was so good?” the King of horror said in reaction to the remake. “Piper Laurie (the original Carrie) really got her teeth into the bad-mom thing. Although Lindsay Lohan as Carrie White… hmmm. It would certainly be fun to cast,” he said to Entertainment Weekly.
With a personal request from the author, Lohan might be the most probable contender for the role. No word has been released yet if Lohan is trying for the part, or if Fox is being considered—whoever gets the part must prepare to attend a prom and be covered in a bucket of pig’s blood.
No production schedule has been released for the remake from MGM.
Click here for Megan Fox’s Profile Page
Megan Fox a 'Transformer'? Did this Hollywood starlet get plastic surgery?
PHOTOS: -Megan Fox’s Photo Gallery
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...
- Amazing story of the Quakers and the Irish...