Edward Norton to star in re-boot of ‘The Bourne Legacy’
His first role as a villian since 'The Italian Job'
Edward Norton is set to star in a new version of "The Bourne Legacy."
The 42-year-old "Fight Club" star is now in negotiations to play the villain in Universal's "The Bourne Legacy". Jeremy Renner of "The Hurt Locker" and Rachel Weisz have also been cast in the upcoming reboot.
"The Bourne Legacy" is current dubbed to be in its "pre-production". The next release of the Bourne tale will be directed by Tony Gilroy, who was also responsible for "The Bourne Identity", "The Bourne Supremacy" and "The Bourne Ultimatum". All three previous movies under the Bourne title starred Matt Damon in the title role.
Wes Anderson’s all-star ‘Moonrise Kingdom’ cast includes Bill Murray
'Fight Club' reunion - Edward Norton wants to reunite on screen with Brad Pitt
Plot details are being kept under wraps, but Jason Bourne will not be featured in the film. Renner is set to play another assassin trained by same program as Bourne, Variety reports.
Universal had no comment on Norton's negotiations.
This will be Edward Norton's most commercial role since playing "The Hulk" in Marvel and Universal's 'The Incredible Hulk.' If he agrees to take the role he will jump into filming this flick straight after shooting Wes Anderson's "Moonrise Kingdom" with Bill Murray.
The fourth Bourne movie will be produced by Frank Marshall, Ben Smith and Jeffrey Weiner. Filming will commence this fall.
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...