Irish sausages, beer, bacon, shepherd’s pie, colcannon, corn beef, the St.Patrick’s food list is enough to make dieters despair.
But now comes help for those desperate to keep pounds off and still enjoy the greening of America.
Weight Watchers has provides some handy tips to help you stay on course during the St. Patrick’s Day season:
1. Join the fun. Instead of sitting on the sidelines, march in the parade! Either join a group that's walking or march to your own beat.
2. Play games with green. Start your own tradition: Every time someone around you mentions green, tack on an additional push-up or an extra minute of cardio to the next day's workout.
3. Look for leprechauns. Taking a hike in the spring weather can be an excellent way to see some natural greens. Pack a lunch and hit the trails.
4. Swap green beer for green tea. Besides all of the added health benefits, drinking green tea puts you in your own holiday spirit — a relaxed one.
5. Make a festive plate. Celebrate by eating all the verdant veggies you can get your hands on: spinach, broccoli, green beans, lettuce.
6. Go in search of luck. Weather permitting, get outside and into the grass to hunt for four-leaf clovers.
7. Throw a party. Invite friends to your place and require that each bring a healthy dish. With you in control of the food and the drink, it won't take any luck to get you through the holiday.
8. Keep things fun. Use green food-coloring to make healthy and festive snacks for you or your kids. Low PointsPlus value green milkshakes, anyone?
9. Forge a path to your pot of gold. Write your accomplishments on slips of paper and keep them together in a little black pot. One day, that pot of success will make you feel rich.
Got any other tips to make sure you stay in the green this March?