Certainly those who read this website don’t need much convincing on the virtues of dating an Irish person, but now online dating website eHarmony has chimed in with their “15 Reasons to Date An Irish Person.”
Thankfully, it’s not as bad as you might think. From the get-go they get the severely stereotypical “luck of the Irish!” stuff out of the way, pointing out “they do not all have red hair, fiery tempers, consume gallons of ale, and believe in leprechauns.” The article listed under “dating advice” on the site goes on to list 15 reasons to date an Irish person.
eHarmony has been matching couples since 1997 and claims that 438 people get married everyday as a result of their compatibility matching. They must know something, right?!
So, what do you make of these reasons to date an Irish person?
1. They’re family-oriented.
2. Get ready to laugh.
3. You’ll know where you stand. [They’re straight-talkers.]
4. Irish people have an amazing artistic legacy.
5. You’ll date someone with a rich heritage.
6. Feel free to share your opinions.
7. You’ll brush up on geography.
8. You’ll know what you’re doing on St. Patrick’s Day.
9. You can chew a four-leaf clover…an Irish love ritual in some regions of Ireland.
10. Enjoy vivid stories.
11. You can discuss many thought-provoking Irish proverbs.
12. You’ll enjoy great food and drink.
13. These people don’t let daily stresses weigh them down.
14. Your dates will not be filled with gaps in conversation.
15. You’ll have a personal tour guide to a stunning country.
What do you make of these reasons?
Do you find them stereotypical or an excellent reminder of why we’re in such high demand on the dating scene?