Easons Bookstore asked their Facebook fans to vote for their favorite Irish “Mammyisms” in an online poll. 252 people voted.
Here are the results:
1. If you fall off that wall and break your legs, don’t come running to me! (56 votes)
2. Do you think I’m made of money? (39 votes)
3. Close the door! Were you born in a barn? (32 votes)
4. What part on ‘no’ don’t you understand? (31 votes)
5. How do you know you don’t like it if you haven’t tasted it? (31 votes)
6. A little birdy told me. (25 votes)
7. If I’ve told you once, I’ve told you a thousand times. (20 votes)
8. Do you think this is a hotel? (12 votes)
9. Stop running down those stairs! (4 votes)
10. Are your hands broken? Pick it up yourself! I’m not your maid. (2 votes)
Here’s a great video by Irish impersonator Oliver Callan:
Log in with your social accounts:
Or, log in with your IrishCentral account:
Don't have an account yet? Register now !
Join IrishCentral with your social accounts:
Already have an account ? Log in
Or, sign up for an IrishCentral account below:
Make sure we gathered the correct information from you
You already have an account on IrishCentral! Please confirm you're the owner.
Our new policy requires our users to save a first and last name. Please update your account: