Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
The last Indy 500 for Danica Patrick? It looks like it as NASCAR calls
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2011 at 08:34 AM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
Is this the last Indy 500 for Danica Patrick?
She is set to drive from the 26th starting place on the grid but a less than top three finish may effectively scuttle her career in the Indy Cars.
There are strong rumors she wants out and to focus on NASCAR which is far more lucrative.
She had admitted over the past year that NASCAR driving it utterly different to what she has been doing with Indy cars.
She says she never realized the compete difference until she took part in some NASCAR events.
For her to make her name on the NASCAR cirrcuit she needs to adopt an all or nothing approach and stop switching back between NASCAR and Indy.
That decision may arrive today if she has a poor finish.
Canadian Alex Tagliani is in pole position and seeks to emulate fellow-Canadian Jacques Villeneuve in 1995 who won the race.