Ireland win historic rugby victory over England by 24-8
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
Ireland won an historic victory over England at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin and stopped England's grand slam attempt.
The final score of 24 -8 did justice to an Irish side who outplayed England from the kick off.
Well on top in the first half Ireland relied on the penalty kicking of man of the match Jonathan Sexton,pictured, who kicked four and an unconverted try from Tommy Bowe.
Early in the second half Ireland continue to rout England with Brian O'Driscoll scoring his record 43rd international try and Sexton converted. Ireland 24-England 3.
England did score a try to briefly threaten but Ireland with Ronan O'Gara replacing Jonathan Sexton at out half held on easily for an historic victory
England used all seven substitutes including Jonny Wilkinson in a vain effort to turn the game aorund but Ireland easily took everything thrown at them for an easy victory..