Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Danica Patrick talks trash in 'Blur' new video racecar game
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2010 at 07:57 PM
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
Danica Patrick isn't a good girl any more.
In fact, as ESPN reports in "Blur' Activision's slick new racer game,Patrick plays one of nine rivals.
"My character will do whatever it takes to put you in your place."
The game has over 50 licensed cars.
Patrick won't say which one she is driving.
"We don't want to spoil it before the game comes out," she says. "It's a little bit of a secret, but as you can imagine, I'm a good driver."
The Irish American star loves virtual racing because "When you crash you can keep going,. "You can also hit people, and there's the ability to fix your car on the go with a mechanic button. You can even shoot off bombs at cars and use boost."
"We have push to pass at IndyCar, but that's only like five horsepower. That's pretty pathetic compared to the warp speed that you get in the game."
Talking about a recent visit to the facility where the game i produced she told ESPN:
"I got to practice a little bit, then I got to play against one of the guys who made the game.
It's funny, because I was watching him play and he was showing me some stuff, then I was like, 'Would you consider yourself good at this game?' And he was like, 'Yeah, probably.' And he was all smirking.
So then we played the game and I won. He was totally blown away. I think that's what's cool about 'Blur.' If you have a comprehension of cars and racing at all, you can play the game right off the bat.
There are all kinds of cars, so there are cars that are loose, cars that are balanced, cars that understeer more or push more. There's all kinds of different handling, and you can fine-tune it for your driving as certain cars work better on certain tracks.
"There's a lot to learn, but I was pretty good off the bat, so I was excited about that."