Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Celtic set to sign Stephen Ireland from Aston Villa says news report
Posted on Sunday, December 05, 2010 at 09:36 AM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
Unsettled Irish midfield player Stephen Ireland may sign for Celtic says the Sunday People newspaper.
Ireland signed for Aston Villa form Manchester City a few months back for $10 million but has failed to make an impact at Villa.
He has started in only five of fourteen games.
Ireland has refused to play for the Republic of Ireland and has earned a reputation as a hard player for managers to deal with
New Villa boss Gerard Houllier has criticized him in public, saying “He needs to work harder. The skill is one thing, but you need to compete. We know he’s a good player. I don’t want to say, ‘He’s a good player ... but’.”
Celtic are likely to take Aston Villa player on loan to begin with.