Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Notre Dame win ugly against Boston College but Brian Kelly won't complain
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2011 at 07:30 AM
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
|Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly|
Get used to the Fighting Irish winning ugly.
Scraping through against bottom of the barrel Boston College was neither pretty or perfection.
But it got the job done.
For critics of the win I say Remember Tulsa.
Sure Tommy Rees had his worst game in the Blue and Gold-- but he still won.
And he's 12-2 as a starter.
He is starting to look like Tim Tebow. We will scratch our heads as to how he wins but he does.
Just win Baby.
Brian Kelly has come to appreciate the importance of that too.
He's no longer the riverboat gambler now he's like the sober sheriff.
More Irish sports news on IrishCentral
How the Irish saved Thanksgiving
Marriage of two former Death Row inmates, one Irish, one American
Against Tulsa last year he got intercepted in the end zone when a field goal would have won the game.
He learned his lesson,
Yesterday with the ball on the BC 41 and fourth and one he punted.
That's a different style.
But when you run a turnover prone team, playing it by the rules is the best plan.
And the Champs Bowl now beckons.