Tampa Bay Rays announce measures to improve attendance
Posted on Wednesday, October 02, 2013 at 05:03 AM
- Katherine Webb and the morbid depths of US sports 'journalism'
- Alabama to change their mantra ‘Roll Tide’ to ‘Part, Tide’.
- Guinness Book Of Records confirms: Seattle Seahawks have easily the most annoying fans
- Panthers unveil dominant new defensive play to win against the New England Patriots
- The Gladiator and the NCAA football player, 1,000s of years apart, but linked through eternity
The Tampa Bay Rays will finish dead last in attendance figures in Major League Baseball yet again this season. Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has announced dramatic measures that he hopes will change the teams horrific attendance figures around next year.
|Yet another pathetic crowd at a Rays game|
Despite making the playoff, The Tampa Bay Rays are dead last in MLB attendance figures yet again, having drawn an average of 18,646 fans per game. Every single other MLB team, even Houston and Miami, drew better than the Rays. Their inability to 'draw' has become an institutional failure of a magnitude previously only seen in comedic sports movies.
In an effort to counter this, Rays owner Stuart Sternberg is introducing sweeping measures he hopes will invigorate the Rays fan-base, and get the turnstiles clicking.
We're delighted to bring you an exclusive first-look at those same measures.
- First and foremost, all games will start at 4:30 pm. The hope is that this will 'speak-to' the timeframes that suit the Rays fan-base the most.
- Next season all Rays tickets are now going to be advertised as being 20% off.
- Further to the above point, all Rays games will all be advertised as 'The early bird Rays special'
- Ethnic food concession stands will be replaced with Country Kitchen Buffet throughout the stadium
- Each game ticket will also have a coupon attached for 'half off' a hot chocolate at the next game
- The 7th inning stretch will be replaced with the 7th inning 'quiet time'. Fans will be encouraged to close their eyes and nap for a short period, before the start of the next inning.
- Finally, the team will also formally change their name from the 'Tampa Rays' to the 'Tampa Red Yankees Sox'.
|Rays baseball - get pumped!|
Follow Cormac on Twitter See more: Irish in Baseball , Irish Sports