Lyons Den Mom by Kerry Lyons
Enjoying Snow Day with five little "cubs"
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 05:33 AM
- Simple tips for super snacking - healthy and delicious bites for kids on the go and at home
- Getting organized for back to school - how to get a handle on your little darlings paperwork
- Making the transition from crib to bed - helping your babies make the big leap
- Summer packing essential for a family getaway - getting all the essentials in for a gaggle of children
- Summer road trip survival tips - words of advice from a Mom of five
To provide a bit of context, the New York metro area had it's first significant snowfall of the year this past weekend. My heart still leaps when I see those first flakes fall -- and then it sinks just a bit when it's time to wrestle five little "cubs" into snow boots, snow pants, jackets, hats and mittens before heading out to enjoy (or perhaps brave) the elements. Truth be told, snow is no fun for kids. At least not for very little ones. Their mittens fall off, their sleds tip over but still we drag them out in the name of fun. And, in some ways, it is. Our experience this weekend went something like this...
Five little cubs went out one day
Out in the snow and into their sleigh,
The biggest one said “I want to pull”
And four little cubs were left there still.
Four little cubs went out one day
Into the sled and far away
The little girl cub said “GET OFF ME”
She hopped out and then there were three.
Three little cubs went out one day
Bouncing along in their blue sleigh
The one in back cried boo hoo hoo,
We took him out and then there were two.
Two little cubs went out one day
Slipping and sliding in their sleigh,
They were having so much fun,
‘Til we hit a big bump and then there was one!
One little cub went out one day,
Feeling all alone in his big sleigh,
He waved his arms and he smiled a big grin,
And the four other cubs went running back to him.
More articles on Irish culture from IrishCentral
Northern Lights draws thousands of visitors to Donegal - VIDEOS
IrishCentral’s top Irish baby names for boys and girls