Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Upcoming Educational and Cultural Events at the Irish Cultural Centre
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM
- Exploring addiction myths, another tool to prevent suicide
- Work Exhange program helps participants choose career paths
- Questions surrounding US citizenship and residency
- Dont' let the rain and snow slow you down, tips on eeping fit in winter
- What happens when you overstaying on a 90-day holiday visa waiver to the USA
Everyone at the Irish Cultural Centre New England is looking forward to seeing you at any one of these evenings out over the next few weeks:
· ICC Set Dancing for Adults, Monday, November 12th, 19th, and 26th with Cait Diamond from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. $5 donation to the ICC at the door. No partner necessary.
· ICC History Lecture: “The Irish Fight for Freedom: 1919-1921,” Friday, November 16th 8 p.m. presented by Professor William Matthews of University of Massachusetts, Amherst. $10 general admission per person; $5 for ICC members with membership card. Enjoy dinner in the Pub before the lecture.
· Shamrock Shake: Monthly Dance each third Saturday of the month. Saturday, November 17th from 7p.m. featuring Silver Spears. Open to the public; all ages welcome; no partner required. $10 per person at the door.
· Irish Faces and Places by Irish-born artist Vincent Crotty. Opening Reception, ICC Pub, Friday, November 29th from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Free.
· ICC Author Series Meet and Greet with James Redfearn, author of award-winning The Rising at Roxbury Crossing, Friday, November 30th at 7 p.m. Free.