Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
St. Brendan's Youth GAC
Posted on Friday, March 29, 2013 at 06:47 PM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
Last Sunday saw the kids of St. Brendan's Youth GAC and their parents take to the streets of South Boston for the annual St. Patrick's Day parade. The chilly temperatures did nothing to dampen the spirits of the large turnout from St. Brendan's.
With the float and the kids all decked out in our clubs colors, they were greeted with great enthusiasm by the throngs of spectators. The club wish to thank all of those who helped to make the day a great success.
Next up for the club is the annual golf tournament. This will take place on April 27 at George Wright Golf Course, Hyde Park. As the golf tournament is the biggest fundraiser of the year, all support is greatly appreciated. The club will be holding meetings every Thursday night, between now and April 27, at 8pm in the Twelve Bens Bar, Dorchester, to finalize the tournament.
Anyone wishing to help out in any way can attend these meetings or contact any of the following members Richie Hanbury (617-293-7339),Chris McGillacuddy (617-279-7550) or Jim Wyse (617-594-4039).See more: Irish in Boston , Boston Local , Irish Emigrant