Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Irish International Immigrant Center seeking volunteers for reception and event management
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 08:38 AM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
Are you looking for an enjoyable and worthwhile way to stay active and involved?
Are you a student or job seeker looking to gain valuable resume building skills?
Do you enjoy meeting new people from all over the world?
Would you like to help make a difference in real people’s lives?
The IIIC is looking for part-time volunteers of all ages and backgrounds to help staff our lively reception and help organize events, as well as volunteers to teach or assist in our English language and conversation classes. Both positions offer great opportunities to meet and help people from all over the world and be part of a vibrant, friendly team. All we ask is a minimum commitment of 2 hours a week, though more is always welcome. Full training and support is provided.
Some of the many benefits include:
1. Being part of a busy, friendly office with plenty of variety
2. Building lasting friendships with staff and other volunteers
3. Developing valuable customer service skills and experience
4. Gaining event planning and management skills and experience
5. Gaining office management experience
6. Learning about immigration issues and international issues
7. Opportunities to practice Spanish and French
8. Opportunities to teach English and computer skills
For more information contact our volunteering coordinator Evelyn Brito at email@example.com or 617-542-7654.