Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Seven out of every 1,000 in Ireland use heroin
Posted on Friday, November 12, 2010 at 01:15 AM
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
- Galway teacher thrilled to receive thank you letter from President Obama for sketch drawing
Ireland's heroin problem is worse than in any other EU country and it also has the longest waiting list for treatment for those addicted to the drug, new research shows.
The 2010 annual report for the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction also revealed that the number of heroin users in Ireland is more than twice as high in comparison to other countries.
Waiting lists for heroin addicts in Dublin at up to two years, are the highest in Europe.
The research found that ecstacy use is low in comparison to the rest of Europe and it ranked Ireland fifth for cocaine consumption
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- Disgraced Cardinal Keith O’Brien leaves Scotlan