Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Is the Irish accent too much to handle? BBC video goes viral - VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 05:47 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|Ye what? Is the Irish accent hard to fathom?|
As a segment on the show, Norton has audience members sit in a red chair and tell some sort of an amusing anecdote. Should the anecdote not be humorous or entertaining to Norton and his audience, Norton pulls a lever which flips the chair over.
Well, Faller and her thick Derry accent - which had the likes of Kenneth Branagh, American actor Zach Braff and English popstar Taio Cruz both confused and laughing - kept the audience well entertained and saved her from a flip.
More offbeat stories from IrishCentral
The worst Irish accents in Hollywood movies
Irish accent ranked as the sixth sexiest in the world – POLL
The video of Faller telling her story is now on YouTube and has racked up in excess of an impressive 35,000 views. Whether or not all those viewers can understand her thick Northern accent is another matter.
While Faller couldn’t see Graham and his guests while she was telling her story, she could hear the reaction from the audience.
“It was like Ireland had won the World Cup,” she said of hearing the fits of laughter. “The place was just going mad.”
“I’m just really, really pleased that people enjoyed it,” said Faller in the wake of her newly found online fame.
Below, catch Faller’s appearance on the Graham Norton show. Can you understand what she’s saying?:
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas