Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Irish music video reaches out to Irish immigrants the “Teaspora” around the globe
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2012 at 10:53 PM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
|A still from Roisin O's video for "The Tea Song"|
With now 70,000 Irish emigrating every year Roisin O’s video-makers decided to use this vast resource to a great affect. They reached out the #Teaspora, the tea drinking Irish immigrants around the globe, to contribute to their video for Roisin O’s “Tea Song”.
The footage gives a poignant snap shot of young Irish immigrants around the globe from New Zealand, Hong Kong, Australia, London, Italy, a family in Denmark, and more the video shows the tea drinking Irish shattered around the globe. The video also lists the number of days these immigrants have been away from home.
The constant in all of these clips is a cuppa cha. What’s better and more comforting when you’re away from home, as long as it’s Barry’s or Lyon’s of course.
For more information visit Roisin O’s website here.
Here’s the video:
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...