Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Irish artist Kevin Sharkey portrays Sir Elton John breastfeeding
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 at 07:02 AM
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
Kevin Sharkey, originally from Donegal says he as inspired by Sir Elton and his civil partner David Zachary having baby Zachary; “It’s set off a new era of gay men having kids. What Elton and David are doing is very admirable.”
“I must admit I did have a little laugh to myself while I was doing it but I know Elton has got a good sense of humor,” he told the Daily Mail.
The Irish artist said he portrayed Sir Elton feeding the baby because he “is definitely the mum in the relationship, where David is more like the strict masculine school teacher.”
The photo is on sale at a Dublin art gallery for $19,500 and already has two prospective buyers.
Prior to this Sharkey painted the pope conducting a gay marriage after the Catholic leader criticized homosexuality.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- $104 million Brian Boru biopic set to be...
- Irish ‘Mick’ fighter pilot was one of the...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Ten best Irish lies — fabulous fibs that...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Award winning Irish documentary ‘Men at Lunch’.