Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Irish artist Kevin Sharkey portrays Sir Elton John breastfeeding
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 at 07:02 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
Kevin Sharkey, originally from Donegal says he as inspired by Sir Elton and his civil partner David Zachary having baby Zachary; “It’s set off a new era of gay men having kids. What Elton and David are doing is very admirable.”
“I must admit I did have a little laugh to myself while I was doing it but I know Elton has got a good sense of humor,” he told the Daily Mail.
The Irish artist said he portrayed Sir Elton feeding the baby because he “is definitely the mum in the relationship, where David is more like the strict masculine school teacher.”
The photo is on sale at a Dublin art gallery for $19,500 and already has two prospective buyers.
Prior to this Sharkey painted the pope conducting a gay marriage after the Catholic leader criticized homosexuality.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish students told “No Irish Need Apply”...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Bill O’Reilly slams Nelson Mandela as an...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Are the Celts one of the ten lost tribes...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra