Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
Charlie Chaplin movie time traveller using a hearing aid
Posted on Friday, October 29, 2010 at 11:26 AM
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
Read more: Belfast filmmaker’s YouTube video finds cell phone mystery in 1928 Charlie Chaplin clip
Speculation has been rampant. Perhaps the woman is simply mad and talking happily to herself or perhaps she really is from the future
Belfast filmmaker, George Clarke's, video has gone viral and he still believes that a time traveler is the most likely explanation for the strange figure, who appears to be speaking on a cellphone in Charlie Chaplin's 1928 "The Circus" footage.
However people, amongst the millions who have seen the video, believe that this woman is actually using a hearing aid. Back in 1924 Siemens invented a hearing aid that was a "compact, pocket sized carbon microphone/amplifier device." Look under history on their website and see the proof.
Stranger things have happened...unlike time travelers.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- Ten best Irish lies — fabulous fibs that...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Aussie outlaw Ned Kelly is the center of...
- $104 million Brian Boru biopic set to be...