Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
750 privately-owned mobile speed cameras attempt to make Irish roads safe
Posted on Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 02:30 AM
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
|Mobile speed camera van|
The camera's will be positioned in location where road traffic accidents have occurred in the past.
Donegal, Cork and Meath have the highest number of cameras. The location of all 750 can be tracked via the police website HERE.
Noel Dempsey, Minister for Transport said "The purpose of these new safety cameras is simple: to save lives and prevent serious injuries on our roads. No more, no less.
'Excessive speed is still the top killer on Irish roads. These new cameras will help the gardaí in their efforts to make our roads safer.'
So far this year 197 people have died on the road in Ireland.
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Sex addiction on the rise says Dublin Clinic...
- British emigrant group calls on government...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...