Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
4,000 living dead hit the streets of Dublin Zombie Walk - VIDEO
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 07:19 AM
- Fan photos show Fungi the dolphin in Dingle has a new companion
- Hurling like you’ve never seen, Colm Ó Méalóid freestyles (VIDEO)
- New York woman spends $25,000 flying horses to Donegal for retirement
- Boston bomb survivor Jane Richard sings national anthem at Fenway Park
- Bill Clinton snapped with Bono’s shades and Rory McIlroy in Dublin
This year, they raised €5,000 and believe that they beat the world record of having 4,069 zombies in one place.
The weird and wonderful world of the All-Ireland Scarecrow Championships - PHOTOS
Ten ways for Americans to learn to swear with an Irish accent
New scheme helps U.S. kids learn about Ireland first hand
Eamon Doyle, the organizer of the walk, said that he had “always loved zombies and they have done several walks around the world so I thought I will put my full brain into it and get it as big as possible because it just seems like zombies grab the attention of people.
To prepare people for the ghoulish looks, a team of make-up artists helped participants look their worst, according to the Independent.
Although the walkers looked terrifying, most had a fantastic time and had trouble maintaining the required deathly stare of a zombie. "Sometimes we had to remind people that if they were getting their picture taken, they should not smile because they are a zombie."
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Obama relative gets personal special deal...
- Amazing story of how Choctaw Indians raised...
- Smithwick inquiry finds Irish police may...
- Why Ireland needs to give its emigrants a...
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis'...
- Sarah Jessica Parker opens her heart to grievin
- Pope Francis calls capitalism “new tyranny”...
- Most Americans are in favor of immigration...
- Amazing story of the Quakers and the Irish...