Emerald Extracts by IrishCentral Columnists
4,000 living dead hit the streets of Dublin Zombie Walk - VIDEO
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 07:19 AM
- New Irish stamp features Irish teen’s short story about Dublin
- The world’s smallest cinema fits into an old phone box in Malin, Donegal - VIDEO
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
- Camera attached to spire records dazzling finale of One World Trade Center – VIDEO
This year, they raised €5,000 and believe that they beat the world record of having 4,069 zombies in one place.
The weird and wonderful world of the All-Ireland Scarecrow Championships - PHOTOS
Ten ways for Americans to learn to swear with an Irish accent
New scheme helps U.S. kids learn about Ireland first hand
Eamon Doyle, the organizer of the walk, said that he had “always loved zombies and they have done several walks around the world so I thought I will put my full brain into it and get it as big as possible because it just seems like zombies grab the attention of people.
To prepare people for the ghoulish looks, a team of make-up artists helped participants look their worst, according to the Independent.
Although the walkers looked terrifying, most had a fantastic time and had trouble maintaining the required deathly stare of a zombie. "Sometimes we had to remind people that if they were getting their picture taken, they should not smile because they are a zombie."
Most Popular Blog Posts
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Ten best Irish lies — fabulous fibs that...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Aussie outlaw Ned Kelly is the center of...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...