Where the bread is brown, the sky is grey, the hills are green and the craic is mighty.
Stunning springtime view from Dublin's Three Rock MountainI couldn't decide on a particular piece of cultural commentary this week, so I thought I would just do a general May update - spring has finally arrived in Dublin, and.....Read More
- My top ten favorite Irish foods in most of Ireland's grocery stores - from Tayto crisps to Ballymaloe relish
- Irish Signs: An ongoing personal collection of funny signs from around Ireland - PHOTOS
April travels around Ireland with her family and gives us the low down on activities, hotels and the many wonderful splendors of the country
The Falls Hotel: Ennistymon, Co ClareLiving in Limerick has its advantages Everywhere is a short driving distance A few weekends ago my husband John and I decided to take a few days out of our busy working schedules and spend.....Read More
- Christmas time at Ballymascanlon House Hotel - a real treat for the traditional traveler
- The Menlo Park Hotel in County Galway is a real affordable treat – warmth and tradition in the midst of the lively Galway City
Our Irish chef keeps us up-to-date on food news, events, and recipes from Ireland
Community Chef Brian McDermott is urging people to cut down on their salt usageIrish chef and cook book author Brian McDermott, who teaches community groups across Ireland how to cook healthily, today warned of the dangers of.....Read More
- Results of the Ulster Finals of the Irish Restaurant Awards 2013 - top Northern Ireland eateries revealed
- Sligo College seeks entries for The World Irish Stew Championship
Writer/photographer Jim Lowney highlights the fun spots where Ireland meets New Jersey. Musing about all things Irish.
Nothing could warm the heart more than a pint of Guinness and a roaring fire in the hearthWe have fallen victim to Irish driving instructions in the past so I should have known betterI didn’t properly read the email about the.....Read More
- Packing for Ireland while sorting through memories of a childhood adventure
- Ireland’s summer kick-off weekend calls for a Plan B - getting set for a May Day trip to Galway City
John doesn't mince words, and uses the unminced words to talk about Ireland's problems.
A protestor meets Minister for Agriculture Simon Coveney last week at Government Buildings in DublinThe outline of the government's proposals for legislation on abortion were agreed by the cabinet and published last week It's.....Read More
- We’re total abortion hypocrites - proposals for new legislation were laughable
- Catch 22 for Irish abortion law - navigating Ireland’s rigid, Catholic influence legal framework and Savita Halappanavar’s case
Cormac is a novelist, journalist and columnist. "The West's Awake" is a big hit with Irish Voice readers.
Illustration by Caty BartholomewDear President Obama,Not alone are you returning to Ireland one of these fine days, probably with your family I hear, but you will be spending almost all of your time on this Emerald Isle in the.....Read More
- Some wonderful discoveries - relishing Irish trad session, The Gathering visitors and more
- The swallows return, beard competition, historic crimes and other musings
Daithi presents Ireland's Rose of Tralee contest and is one of Ireland’s top TV personalities
Daithi photographed with the Aisling Center's bachelors of the yearIt was great to hit New York for the weekend a few weeks back and all for a good cause too Being stuck in studio in Cork 4 days a week didn’t make it easy, especially.....Read More
- Catching up with the The Bronx bachelors -- Amazing that the Rose of Tralee 2013 already underway
- Saying farewell to a dear friend and feeling strength in the community -- A sad Christmas as family and village mourn a great son and a true pal
News and announcements from Irish organizations serving the Irish community in the United States
Upcoming Events: Daniel P Roy Art ExhibitArt Exhibit by Daniel P Roy: Saturday, May 18 4-6pm..Read More
A view from beyond the pale
Eamon Gilmore discusses the Algerian hostage situation on Irish TVI was in a hotel room in London last week, and switched on the TV for the news at the time the Algerian hostage crisis was being covered Half way through the bulletin,.....Read More
- Home thoughts from abroad can cause serious January blues - New year blues for immigrants leaving their families again
- 2012 a tale of two Northern Irelands - from the celebrations of the Queen's Jubilee and the Olympics to the violent Union flag protests
Bite-sized Irish blog gives snapshots of Ireland's news, culture, entertainment and everything in between.
The world's smallest movie theater ..Read More
- ‘Star Trek into Darkness’ stars Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto attempt to speak Irish - VIDEO
- Video of three-year-old Colombian boy 'celebrating' Mass becomes online hit
John Fay left New York one day for Ireland, which is why he's IrishCentral's "American in Ireland" blogger.
Wind turbines at Richfield Windfarm, County WexfordIf you have been to Ireland recently then you have seen the wind turbines Like daffodils in the spring they seem to be popping up all over Unlike daffodils, the wind turbines.....Read More
- Justin Bieber's perfectly judged comment on Anne Frank - "Hopefully she would have been a belieber"
- The Irish property tax problem - everyone wants to own some and no one wants to be taxed on it