Franklin Graham is a disgrace with his comments on Obama
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate deal for visas because of 1965 shutout - Says “Schumer visas” set to give Ireland 10,500 visas a year for the future
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are 50-50 say the pols privately - House seen as major obstacle as Senate gets closer to a vote
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing on Pat Finucane death - New hearings told how informer was murdered before he could give evidence
- U.S. Tourism Ireland chief Joe Byrne says goodbye and hello again to massive acclaim - Popular Carlow native led tourist figures to Ireland to historic heights
- Cardinal Sean O’Malley reneged on Boston College commencement deal say Irish sources - Irish government said to be furious over statement condemning Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny
The Rev. Franklin Graham has disgraced himself as surely as his father Billy did when the old man's anti-Semitism became clear.
Now Graham is proclaiming that Barack Obama is a Muslim because his father was born one.
As the Duke of Wellington used to say 'if a a man is born in a stable does that make him a horse?'
Given that Jesus was born in one according to the Gospels, I'd hardly say so.
Of course not, and Graham is just cozying up to the right wing nuts who have launched a major effort to portray Obama as somehow outside the mainstream in America.
Having failed to convince Americans that Obama was born outside the country the effort is now underway to portray him as some kind of alien, connected in some way to the Islamist extremist world.
It is a sad reflection on American life that apparently about one in five now perceive him as such and believe this claptrap.
Obama has tried to avoid the issu,e saying religion is a private matter between him and his Christian pastor, but the right wingers will not leave this alone.
Now comes Graham, joining the latest crusade with more bullying rhetoric.
For a man of God he should be ashamed of himself.
15 - 129 | See all comments
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...