People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Why does Fox star Megyn Kelly have a child called Thatcher?
Posted on Sunday, August 11, 2013 at 08:08 AM
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
Irish Americans hoping for a new kindred soul on the Fox Network in Megyn Kelly may be disappointed.
Sure, she is Irish American but the kind of lace curtain, Brit-loving type that calls her newborn child Thatcher (I kid you not) after Irish America’s most hated woman.
She has another son or maybe its a daughter, called Yardley so clearly aping the British upper classes is a clear ambition.
She is not exactly the kind of Irish American proudly reaching back to her roots and liable to call her kid Conor or Molly I would think.
She is being brought in for one reason and one reason alone. While Fox
continues to dominate the cable network ratings its audience is growing older by the day
As the New York Times wrote on Friday “of late its audience has aged upward, losing ground among the viewers most news advertisers seek to reach, those between the ages of 25 and 54.”
It is a predictable ploy by Fox maestro Roger Ailes to cure what is ailing Fox-- its age demographic.’
Also, frankly, Sean Hannity has nothing new to say.
He climbed on to the lap of every right wing celebrity (Dick Cheney and Sarah Palin interviews were particularly embarrassing) and he always seemed a One Note Johnny.
Bill O’Reilly in the other hand is far less predictable and you will always tune in to see if one of those surprise elements will pop up.
Kelly at 42 and looking much younger than that, is a natural for the new Fox. Rupert Murdoch and Ailes were never anything other than a ruthless combination when it came to safeguarding profits.
They ditched Glen Beck when he became an embarrassment and now Hannity is being not so gently shown the door and forced back to what seems to be a 7pm time slot.
As for Kelly it will be interesting to see how she fares. She did a very embarrassing Howard Stern interview some time ago, she has a child called Thatcher. Two strikes or just juvenile mistakes?
Time will tell.
See more: Irish American
15 - 58 | See all comments
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm