People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Disgraceful as Sarah Palin accuses Obama of racism, anti-Americanism -- new book "America By Heart" launches today
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2010 at 09:35 PM
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
Sarah Palin's new book "America By Heart" makes disgraceful allegations about President Obama calling him an America hater and a racist.
She claims Obama is ashamed of being American "I think ordinary Americans are tired of Obama's global apology tour and of hearing about what a weak country America is from left-wing professors and journalists," Palin says.
She could not be more wrong. Anyone traveling abroad can see how Obama has revitalized America's image after the nightmare Bush era.
Obama has made America beloved again overseas-- though Palin would hardly know that having only rarely travelled outside this country.
She claims that Obama believes that America is "somehow worse than other countries, that it is hypocritical about its ideals, falls short of its responsibilities, and is forever in need of correction".
America yearns, she says for presidents "who are not embarrassed by America, who see our country's flaws but also its greatness: leaders who are proud to be Americans, and are proud of her every day, not just when their chosen ones are winning elections".
We had every right to be embarrassed under Bush with his ridiculous Iraq war and econmic disasters
On health care she claims Obamacare has no support contrary to polls on election day that showed Americans evenly divided on the issue of health care reform :
"We will not let America sink further into debt caused by government controlling another one sixth of our economy – and mandating its approved health care coverage – without a fight. We will not abandon the American dream to government dependency, fewer freedoms, and less opportunity."
She stoops much lower though when she accuses Obama of racism
She says people let Obama "think America – at least America as it currently exists – is a fundamentally unjust and unequal country. Barack Obama seems to believe this, too. Certainly, his wife expressed this view when she said during the 2008 campaign that she had never felt proud of her country until her husband started winning elections.
"In retrospect, I guess this shouldn't surprise us, since both of them spent almost two decades in the pews of the Reverend Jeremiah Wright's church listening to his rants against America and white people."
This is pure unadulterated nonsense and Palin should know better.
This book belongs in the trash.
15 - 74 | See all comments
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...