People and Politicsby Patrick Roberts
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
Will Pope Francis allow priests to marry? Possibly, if a leading Irish-born Catholic theologian is to believed.
My Annual and much sought after awards!
Time for the Patrick Roberts “It takes ten turkeys to tango” annual awards for 2013.
Tony Blair seems an unlikely sex scandal subject, but that is exactly what the Daily Mail and other British newspapers are alleging.
A return to moderation will not happen any time soon, but until the GOP realizes they cannot bully their way to power the season of discontent seems set to continue.
Ted Cruz was right about Obamacare it seems.
It pains me, as a moderate Democrat and Obama voter, to admit the president has got it awfully, tragically, incompetently wrong on Obamacare.
The extraordinary photograph of Pope Francis embracing the man with neurofibromatosis, the disease associated with “The Elephant Man” Joseph Carey Merrick, has gone viral and deservedly so.
Francis picked out the man at his daily greeting in Rome when the badly disfigured person approached him.
I strongly disagree with those who take issue with the Notre Dame leprechaun.
Many of the world's top bishops expect a certain degree of deference. Even more of them expect their creature comforts. They ask and they usually receive.
Why are they committing political suicide over Obamacare?
Let's start by calling the anti-gay crackdown in Russia what it looks like to the world, an objectionable modern day pogram.
It is time for the international community and the International Olympic Committee to stand up against it before it can metastasize.
The Edward Snowden ruling by the Russian immigration authorities is just a little too clever by half.
It smacks of a long term deal based on the fact that Snowden was quite likely spying for Moscow from day one while he was at the NSA.
Or will they finally adopt the new thinking that the pontiff suggests they do? It would be wonderful to believe a new accommodation could be found after such mutual bitterness over the years.
International flags found on top of loyalist bonfires in Northern Ireland this week have reportedly included: the Irish flag, the Kenyan flag, the Indian flag, the Polish flag, the Mexican flag, the Gay Pride flag and for good measure I suppose Ivory Coast flag.
But what on Earth did the Ivory Coast do to offend loyalism? That's the unlikely question we must ask ourselves having just learned that their flag is adorning a loyalist bonfire this week.
Francis did the right thing with John 23rd but we didn’t need proof of miracles to see it.
Sean Hannity on Fox News this week really had to stretch it to accuse President Obama of being anti-Catholic because of remarks he had made in Northern Ireland about the evil of Catholic and Protestant segregated schools.
Hannity even brought on the odious Ann Coulter, who has never met a stereotype she didn’t like, to bolster his case. Sure enough within moments Coulter was in immigrant bashing mode.
It is a long way to November but all other candidates seem stuck in the blocks. Unless they can get going, this might look like a coronation.
“The Court of Exchequer, too, has furnished its quota to the general fund in the case of MATHEWS v. HARTY, which was an action brought by Mr. Mathews, a Sizar and Scholar of T.C.D., against Doctor Harty, the keeper of a mad house in Dublin, for having had him illegally put up as a dangerous lunatic in Swift’s. It came out upon the defence, that the young man was the illegitimate son of the Doctor by a female who had been attacked with temporary insanity but had recovered. As the case is still at hearing we refrain from observations."
The sad news is that St.Patrick never got the official title.
That should be good enough “Bang Bang” -- and fire that PR guy who told you this was a good plan.
Ryan and Rubio on the other hand constitute a real challenge for Democrats in 2016.
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Unionists regret US envoy Haass’ call for...
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Website attracts 80,000 Irish people ready...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...
- Top ten negative terms used to describe Irish...