Donald Trump puts his logo on the Mitt Romney's US presidential campaign
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 at 01:45 PM
- Obama administration getting caught in its own tangled web of deceit - has the White House been lying through its teeth
- Benghazi/Watergate - What difference does it make?
- In one day, 20 shot in Chicago - Officials blame the weather, we blame the officials
- They say success has many fathers, but Benghazi Libya is the orphan on the White House step
- Time to re think Islamic terrorism - It’s a war stupid
|Donald Trump with Mitt Romney on stage|
Always the promoter and showman, rumors swirled last night that he was going to endorse Newt Gingrich. The Gingrich camp had been so confident of winning the real estate mogul's backing that it had leaked word Trump would support the former House speaker.
But those Gingrich rumors were quashed as Trump made his announcement this morning.
Speaking from the Las Vegas Hotel which bears his name, "The Donald", characteristically got maximum PR effect, using the occasion to get his own brand out there.
More news on US politics from IrishCentral
U2’s Bono set to become billionaire thanks to Facebook investment
Big Brother really is watching --Irish tourist nabbed by US Government due to algorithm
"It's my honor to endorse Mitt Romney," Trump said, with Romney and his wife standing nearby. He then said Romney is "tough, smart, and he's not going to continue to allow bad things to happen to this country."
Never one to hold back, Trump has been a harsh critic of the Obama administration over the past couple of years, calling Obama's policies stupid and hurtful to America. He has also said that America will not survive another 4 years of Obama at the helm of this country.
Trump, who had also publicly been a less than enthusiastic supporter of Romney in the past, said his past comments were a reflection of not knowing the former Massachusetts Governor very well.
"I never knew him. I knew of him and respected him, but I really got to know him over the past few months," Trump said. "I've had numerous meetings with him."
Trumps enthusiastic endorsement of Romney should close the door on his own Presidential aspirations this campaign season. Donald Trump said he won't run as a 3rd party candidate if Romney gets the GOP nomination.
This endorsement will bring more momentum to the Romney campaign as it comes off it's huge win in the Florida Primary and now heads into Romney friendly territory.
As the GOP Presidential race lands in Nevada, the Romney campaign looks like it is starting to consolidate more power. It is still a long campaign to go until the GOP Tampa convention in August, but Romney is making all the right moves at this time.
For the most unique gifts, time capsules in American and world history: lifemagforsale.
For other points of view visit Carroll Standard: www.carrollstandard.com
- Right-wing shock jock Pete Santilli slammed for vicious attack on Hillary Clinton...
- New York GAA report: Goals the difference for Rockland against Long Island Gaels...
- Conservative news entertainment complex claim Barack Obama leader of Al Qaeda...
- Boston man confronts Infowars conspiracy nuts over 'false flag' claim...