Go Feis - The Irish Dance Blog by Kathleen O’Reilly-Wild
Four things to do at the 2011 North American Irish Dance Championships
Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 12:00 PM
- Songs for the 1st – 2nd September Irish Dancing Competitions - VIDEOS
- Songs for the 25th – 26th August Irish Dancing Competitions – VIDEOS
- Songs for the 18th – 19th August Irish Dancing Competitions – VIDEOS
- Songs for the 11th – 12th August Irish Dancing Competitions – VIDEOS
- Championship training for Irish dancers - tips from teachers on Oireachtas Part 1
BY ERIN BAILEY, Feis America Magazine contributor
Nationals was always a time for my family to take a summer vacation. OK, it was essentially forced on all of them, but they packed up the car and drove to that year’s lucky locale, eager to explore a new city without hesitation.
If you’re heading to Nashville for the 2011 North American Irish Dance Championships this weekend, (good luck!) and maybe take a look around Tennessee's capital with these ideas.
- When you think Nashville, country music pops to mind--no surprise. If you’re a music lover and would like to fully immerse yourself into the country theme, the Country Music Hall of Fame is a must-see.
- Don’t forget, there is also loads of history down in the southern region of our country. The Belle Meade Plantation is home to a Civil War battle. With a low price, it'll keep the younger kids entertained and get their brains churning over summer break.
- Wanna make history? Then join in what will (hopefully) be the longest line of Irish dancers at 12 p.m. in the Tennessee Ballroom of the Gaylord Opryland Hotel Sunday, July 3. CLICK HERE to register. A portion of all fees will go to the IDTANA scholarship fund.
- Whenever we hit up Nashville for the NANs, my dad loves walking through the downtown area. Be sure to hit up Riverfront Park for some 4th of July fireworks a day early on Sunday, July 3.
Tell us, what’s a favorite Nashville hotspot you’ve discovered while at the NANs?
For North America's favorite Irish dancing magazine delivered directly to your mailbox, subscribe now!