Off The Record by Mike Farragher
The Script to play Central Park, New York this summer - VIDEO
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 at 10:59 AM
- Concern Worldwide launches charity CD “Together for Christmas”
- Cormac De Barra reinvents the harp as a rock and roll instrument
- Singer Jake Bugg’s new album brings us to paradise by way of Memphis
- Pierce Turner returns to US for New York, Philadelphia concerts
- The Celtic Tenors Christmas CD lends an Irish vibe to the sounds of the season
The Script has been booked to play the Rumsey Playfield in Central Park on June 4.
Expect the lads to be tan, as they will have just gotten off the VH1’s Best Cruise Ever, which is cruising the tropics as this paper goes to press.
The band has proven to be more than a one hit wonder, as their single “For the First Time” seems to be an anthem for the hard times we are now in.
The Script’s second album Science & Faith debuted at three on the Billboard 200 in January and “For the First Time” climbed into the Top 40 of the Hot 100 last week to stand at number 39...with a bullet!