‘Twilight’ star Robert Pattinson says fame is ‘lonely’
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
The 27-year-old actor finds being a celebrity is alienating because people don't treat him normally anymore but admitted he is happy he didn't become famous sooner.
He told Spain's GQ magazine: "It's strange, you don't have a normal life anymore. You spend much time trying to fight it, but in the end you find another way to live.
"People don't know how lonely you are. In any case, I feel fortunate because success didn't reach me very young, at least, I had the opportunity to have a life before.
"When you become famous, it's easy for some people to hate you just because you are famous. That's why, sometimes, you beat yourself up."
Robert also admitted he was unprepared for the way his life would change after he shot to fame by starring as vampire Edward Cullen in the 'Twilight Saga'.
He said: "I lived in a small apartment when the premiere arrived and didn't even know if the sequels would be made. Then came the weekend of the premiere and it was, ‘Oops, now we must do the sequels.' "
Be the first to make a comment.
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...