Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Top designer Roland Mouret says Kim Kardashian has more style influence than Kate Middleton
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 at 08:28 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
|Kim Kardashian, Kate Middleton |
Roland Mouret, a designer for A-list favorite the Galaxy dress, has said that Kim Kardashian helps sell more clothes than Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton.
In the past anything Middleton wears to a Royal event tends to sell out almost immediately. The most memorable instance of this fashion phenomenon was when she work a brown, birdie Orla Kiely dress. The simple Irish designer’s dress, which cost just $263 in stores, literally flew off the shelves.
Read more: The Kate Middleton effect pushes Irish designer Orla Kiely’s sales over $15 million
Also more recently Kate Middleton sporting LK Bennett nude pumps saw a huge trend for the simple shoe take off all over the world.
However Roland said, speaking to the Telegraph “You don’t see hundreds of women running around looking like her [Kate Middleton].
"To be honest, we’re more likely to get orders on a dress that Kim Kardashian’s worn."
If this is true it may simply come down to sex appeal. Kardashian’s look include far more figure hugging outfits with a plunging neckline while Middleton being a royal is far more sedate.
Roland went on to say Kardashian is “highly attuned to those details that will provoke a tabloid frenzy and above all, she does not want a tabloid frenzy.
"She doesn’t seem to feel the need to dress sexily to woo the world.
"She’s dressing for William and herself."
Roland admitted that Middleton once had a request to have one of his gowns taken out to be less tight.
He added “She doesn’t want a bottom situation like Pippa had."
Read more: Duchess Kate Middleton returned clothes sent to her by Kim Kardashian
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...