Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Tom Hardy was fascinated by the "female" side of his "Lawless" character
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 at 06:56 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
He explained: "He does some pretty horrific things. From cutting people's testicles off to using knuckledusters. And yet this is a man who also mothers two boys, his brothers. He has to feed them, look after them, he doesn't drink. He's a carer.
"He's a specific type of man. What interested me was the female role in this guy. And what the nature of violence is to men. Non-egotistical violence, non-macho violence. Violence from within the cardigan."
Tom has grown a beard for the movie, and while he isn't bothered about his new look, he admits it does have some drawbacks.
He added to Esquire magazine: "I have to grow a beard for the character. It's really ginger and wild. But I don't give a f**k about it, personally.
"My fiancee doesn't give a f**k about it. She'd like to have my lips back and I'd like to feel hers.
"But on the whole, the beard is welcomed by a lot of people."
Here's the trailer for "Lawless":
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...