Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
The Wanted plan to face off with One Direction in New York after Twitter feud
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 08:00 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|The Wanted (left) and One Direction (right)|
Speaking backstage at the Detroit Jingle Bell Ball, Max told Channel 955: "I'm not sure what his problem is to be honest. It started off that I thought we were just having a bit of banter, but he seemed to get a bit serious.
"I tried to palm it off as being friendly again, but you can only take so many insults and eventually I just said, 'Alright listen - if you've got a problem, come and see me in New York when we're there doing a gig together and we'll sort it out'."
The older boy band think their younger 1D rivals - who previously branded them "two-faced" - are immature and insist their dig at Max wasn't founded on truth, despite him breaking up with girlfriend Michelle Keegan after allegations he cheated on her.
Jay McGuiness, 22, joked: "I don't think it's based on any fact. It's like when kids in the playground go 'Poo Breath!' - rarely has that kid actually eaten faeces. I think he was just taking a stab in the dark."
Max, 24, added: "I think he's probably just finished Sex Ed so he's like 'Yeah whooo!' "