The Saturdays' Una Healy says Miley Cyrus should be allowed to "express herself"
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
|A collage of Miley Cyrus' antics at the MTV VMAs and the Smith family reaction
Irish Celebrity Gossip
, Irish Entertainment Blog
The Saturdays singer has defended the 'We Can't Stop' hitmaker for her controversial performance at the MTV Video Music Awards last week, and she insisted the former 'Hannah Montana' star is "free" to be her "own person".
In her blog for Heat magazine, she wrote: "Miley is going down a different road now that she's a grown woman rather than a Disney teenager.
"Personally, I don't see why she shouldn't. She's her own person and she should be free to express herself."
Una, 31, claimed Miley is behaving no differently than the likes of Madonna and Lady Gaga and added while she can accept why the performance had its critics, she was a big fan.
She said: "Madonna was always controversial with her outfits and performances and of course Lady Gaga has shocked people in the past.
"I can see how it might offend some people but personally I really enjoyed it."
However, fans shouldn't expect similar antics from the 'What About Us' star after she revealed her favourite part of a night out is "getting ready" with the girls.
She continued: "That's often the best part of the night, the getting ready with your friends, trying on different outfits, doing your hair and makeup and catching up with everyone."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...