Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
The Nolans singer and actress Bernie Nolan has died of cancer aged 52
Posted on Saturday, July 06, 2013 at 10:00 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
The Nolans singer lost her 10-month battle with breast cancer after the disease tragically spread to her liver, bones, brain and lungs. She leaves behind her husband Steve Doneathy and her 14-year-old daughter Erin.
Bernie was being looked after in a hospice, but returned home shortly before her passing to spend some quality time with her family.
A spokesman for the family said: "Bernie passed away peacefully this morning with all of her family around her.
"The entire family are devastated to have lost beloved Bernie, a wonderful wife, adoring mother and loving sister; she is irreplaceable.
"They kindly ask people to respect their privacy at this difficult time."
The singer was diagnosed with cancer for the second time last year after previously beating the illness following chemotherapy and a mastectomy, receiving an all-clear in 2012.
She was best known as the lead singer of Anglo-Irish girl group The Nolans alongside her sisters, storming the charts with pop tunes like 'I'm in the Mood for Dancing'.
She later appeared in ITV series 'The Bill' and Channel 4's soap 'Brookside'. Former co-stars and fans were quick to take to Twitter following the sad news express their condolences to her family.
Bernie's 'Brookside' co-star Jennifer Ellison tweeted: "So sad to hear Bernie Nolan has passed away. Such an amazing lady, had the honor of working with her twice will cherish the memories."
'Daybreak' host Lorraine Kelly wrote on Twitter: "Bernie Nolan was a very special woman. Brave, funny and hugely talented. "She will be sorely missed. Thoughts with her family and friends." '
This Morning' presenter Phillip Schofield posted: "Just heard the very sad news that gorgeous, courageous and inspirational Bernie Nolan has died. Big love to @NolanColeen & all the family x"See more: Irish Entertainment Blog
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...