Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Taylor Swift's song 'The Last Time' is allegedly about her ex-boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2012 at 08:23 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
The 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' singer - whose new album 'Red' sold 1.2 million copies last week - has revealed the break-up song is about an "unreliable guy" and refers to a Hollywood lifestyle sparking rumors it is about the 31-year-old 'Love And Other Drugs' actor.
The 22-year-old singer, who dated Jake for a few months last year - told Guy Raz on National Public Radio: "The idea was based on this experience I had with someone who was kind of this unreliable guy. You never know when he's going to leave, you never know when he's going to come back, but he always does come back.
"It's a really fragile emotion you're dealing with when you want to love someone, but you don't know if it's smart to."
Last year it was reported that Jake both initiated their relationship and decided to end it because he couldn't stand the attention leaving Taylor devastated.
A source said at the time: "He said he wasn't feeling it anymore and was uncomfortable with all the attention they got. He also said he could feel the age difference.
"Taylor is really upset. We told her not to move so fast with this but she didn't listen."
Taylor recently admitted she has stopped worrying about whether her songs are too personal.
She said: "If I let my fans into my life and my feelings, it turns out they have all those things, too, and it kind of connects us."