Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Sir Paul McCartney will have a low-key 70th birthday celebration
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2012 at 10:08 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Sir Paul McCartney|
He said: "A big do isn't really me."
And though he is close to 70, the 'When I'm 64' hitmaker insists he has no plans to tone down his career, though he and Nancy find some potential visions for his showbiz future quite funny.
He told the Daily Telegraph newspaper: "I must say Nancy and I did have some fun moments imagining me with a little pinky ring, in rhinestone, with a little glass of whisky and soda, sitting on a high stool on stage next to the piano doing six months in Las Vegas.
"It's nice to think about that for a second. And then completely rule it out."
Paul described his recent album, 'Kisses on the Bottom' - which featured covers of old songs - as a "romantic" gesture for Nancy, who he married last October.
He said: "It was a romantic gesture. The timing was good, marrying Nancy, it was a special period in my life."