Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Sinead O'Connor says she won't date anyone ‘whose mother isn't dead’
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2013 at 08:10 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
The 'Nothing Compares 2 U' singer - who has been married four times - is upset by people's attitudes to sex in her native Ireland, and has created an unusual new dating rule for herself.
She said: "You're not allowed to talk about sex in Ireland. The last four boyfriends I've had, their mothers have refused to meet me because I wrote articles about sex. Now I have a rule - I don't go out with anyone whose mother isn't dead."
Sinead - who split from her last husband, Irish drugs counsellor Barry Herridge, last year - is also planning to move with her children, Jake, 24, Roisin, 16, Shane, eight and Yeshua, six, from Ireland to London.
She said: "There's nothing to do but drink. And I don't drink. Why don't they sell the whole thing to Australia?"
The 46-year-old singer also says her children are a "stabilising influence" on her and helped her to curb her hard partying ways.
She added in an interview with the Daily Mirror newspaper: "[Motherhood] certainly was a stabilising influence. I'm the type of rock 'n' roll chick that would have enjoyed staying up all night being under every drug under the sun. It was good I was a mother early so I couldn't be f****d up myself. And it influences your songwriting. It makes you concerned with issues that you wouldn't be if you weren't a parent."
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...