Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Simon Cowell’s US ‘X Factor’ has signed $55 million sponsorship deal with Pepsi
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 04:56 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
A source said: “The deal is ostensibly between broadcaster Fox and Freemantle who make the show, not between Simon and his company Syco.
“But it’s a massive coup for him and shows how the big brands are all desperate to be associated with a man seemed to have the Midas touch.”
The sponsorship deal is a huge boost for the music mogul as he prepares to launch the Stateside show next year, with main rival, Simon’s former show ‘American Idol’, enjoying a similar yet smaller deal with Coco-Cola worth $35 million.
The source added to the Daily Mirror newspaper: “the icing on the cake is that American Idol – which Simon used to be a judge on – is sponsored by Pepsi’s biggest rival. Simon is absolutely thrilled.”
Details of the show are still being kept under wraps with Simon set to announce the panel of judges – rumoured to include Cheryl Cole, Nicole Scherzinger, Noel Gallagher and George Michael – early next year.