Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Simon Cowell says he could never have predicted One Direction's success
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 12:27 PM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
When asked by MTV News at the premiere of the Fox version of the show if he could have imagined their success, he said,"No! I mean, you know, I thought they would work as a band, but you can't predict these kinds of things," he told MTV News at the premiere of the second season of the Fox version of the show, which kicked off this week.
"But it's down to them," he continued, crediting the guys for putting in the effort to be successful. "They've worked hard. They work really well as a group. The records are good. They're nice guys to work with. So the world, right now, is theirs."