Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Selena Gomez met Justin Bieber through her mother
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2011 at 09:53 AM
- ‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart enjoyed a night at Hooters in Texas
- Amanda Bynes to under second surgery on her nose
- Channing Tatum will produce new comedy sitcom 'Nicky'
- Oscar winner Ben Affleck says three kids is 'enough’
- Robert Pattinson is renting a holiday home in Canada for the summer after split from Kristen Stewart
Discussing how long she knew Justin, Selena said: “Uh, almost, like, two years now. His manager called my mom, who’s my manager.”
Although neither has yet officially confirmed they are dating each other, Selena “blushed” when asked further about their relationship and said it was “nice” to have him around.
She told US TV talk show host David Letterman: “I’m blushing! He’s been in my life for so long and it’s just nice to have someone that understands what you’re going through.”
Selena recently confessed she was “hurt” by Justin’s fans who criticised her via social networking site twitter, but has her fans and family who keep her strong.
She said: “It's hard. It hurts, it really does. I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong. I've been best friends with him for a very long time. It does hurt my feelings a lot but I try not to focus on it. I have a strong family and great fans."