Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Scarlett Johansson’s only Christmas wish is for President Barack Obama to be re-elected in 2012
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 09:15 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Scarlett Johansson and President Barack Obama|
Speaking at the New York premiere of her latest movie ‘We Bought a Zoo’ on Monday night, she said: “I hope 2012 brings a re-election for President Obama. And this year I've learned a lot about patience and tolerance."
Scarlett – who was joined by her co-star Matt Damon at the screening - has no grandiose plans for the festive season, but she is looking forward to a well-deserved rest after a busy and also challenging 2011.
She told HollywoodLife.com: “Sleeping, I'm going to be sleeping through the holidays. I'm looking forward to a long winter's nap!”
The 27-year-old screen beauty’s divorce from husband Ryan Reynolds was finalised in July and she also suffered embarrassment when nude photos she had taken and sent to her ex-husband were accessed from her cell phone and posted online.
More celebrity gossip from IrishCentral
Why was an Irish businessman and father-to-be arrested in his NYC home?
Was quarterback Tom Brady ‘talking Gaelic’ during heated argument?- VIDEO
Despite her tribulations, Scarlett insists one positive thing has been learning just how many people care about her.
In an interview on the ‘Today Show’, she said: “I've been really fortunate. I've found that I had, even in times of crisis, a lot of love around me, and people have come out of all different dark corners to support me. That's been a really beautiful thing.”