Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Scarlett Johansson is "comfortable" with her sexuality
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2011 at 10:26 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
The 26-year-old actress – who recently ended a relationship with Oscar-winning actor Sean Penn, which began just months after she filed for divorce from her husband of two years Ryan Reynolds last December – is untroubled by her sex symbol status but still seeks to maintain a private life, despite her fame.
She said: "I feel comfortable as a young woman – a young, modern, liberal person. I feel comfortable with my sexuality.
"However, I am protective of my private life. I don't think that if you are in the public eye your life is public. I am an actor. But you can't take things too seriously."
The blonde beauty also confesses she is a "dork" who doesn't feel particularly "mature" as a person.
Scarlett Johansson and Sean Penn have reportedly split
Scarlett Johansson took Sean Penn to Reese Witherspoon’s wedding at the weekend
Referring to Robert Redford – who she starred with as a teenager in the ‘The Horse Whisperer’ - she added to The Sun newspaper: "I don't feel mature. I always feel about the age I am. I know Robert Redford described me as, '13 going on 30', but that's not how I felt at the time.
"I am still dorky. I watch cheesy TV with TV dinners and, at one point, could not stop watching 'Jerry Springer'. I also like cheesy movies. Arnold Schwarzenegger, for example."
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...