Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Sarah Jessica Parker gives Donegal women her own designer hangbag
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 09:25 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
But when the call came from a local women’s group in Killybegs asking if the Sex and the City icon might be able to donate something for their upcoming raffle, she more than stepped up to the plate. SJP said she would give one of her couture bags for the event, and the prize arrived via FedEx last week – a clutch by vintage designer Paco Rabanne worth more than $2,000. Ka-ching!
According to the local Donegal Democrat, the bag comes from the Rabanne Le 69 collection, and the London Museum of Design has called it one of the 50 bags that changed the world (who knew a purse has such powers!)
“Sarah Jessica may be a superstar but she has proven by her generous donation that she is a woman with one very big heart -- without out her this could never have happened. She is one of our own,” said Anne McSharry of the Killybegs Women’s Group.
The superstar even sent a hand-written note wishing organizers the best of luck. “I miss Ireland and send my best wishes,” she added.
The fundraiser will take place on July 15, and tickets for the coveted SJP bag are only €5 each. Undoubtedly the group will raise oodles of money from Carrie Bradshaw wannabes dying to get their hands on one of her designer staples.
"Since the story broke our phones haven't stopped ringing. It is unbelievable the interest the bag has stirred,” McSharry said.
"This will be a superb fundraiser. At only €5 per ticket you have the prospect of carrying a classic handbag owned by Sarah Jessica Parker. We expect a huge demand.” That’s a bargain that even Carrie would go crazy for!
Sarah Jessica Parker and Ryan Seacrest planning new reality fashion TV series
Rob Lowe and Bradley Cooper have teamed up to "defame" Sarah Jessica Parker