Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
"Safe House" star Ryan Reynolds admits he was escorted out of Amsterdam for fighting
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2012 at 09:36 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
Ryan told MTV News: "I was in Amsterdam and I was probably about 20. People can wander around a little affected there, and this guy was on something funny and he just came at me.
"It was all a blur. I ended up in this quick little brawl and then it was over. Then the next thing I knew the police were escorting me to the train station and asking me to leave.
"Not because I was in trouble, but because they thought, 'If this guy sees you again, he's going to stab you.' I was escorted off the city limits."
More celebrity gossip from IrishCentral
The Titanic last meal is re-created for first time for Irish fundraiser - VIDEO
Irish are the least romantic nation in Europe says new survey
For 'Safe House', Ryan got to star opposite Denzel Washington, playing a character who has to prevent the escape or kidnapping of a dangerous rogue CIA agent from a safe house, and he said the film provides an interesting character study.
He added: "You have two characters that are obviously diametrically opposed but they're sort of marching toward one another.
"My character is an idealist, Denzel's is basically a sociopath. They're taking slow, steady steps toward each other, and by the end they're kind of integrating.
"Denzel Washington, who is one of the greatest living actors today, and director Daniel Espinosa is a young guy with a fresh take on the genre."meat either, so we just sort of sat there and thought about it."