Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ryan O’Neal is to write a book about his relationship with Farrah Fawcett
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2011 at 10:06 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
Ryan O'Neal dated ‘Charlie’s Angels’ star Farrah Fawcett, who died aged 62 after losing a three-year battle with anal cancer in June 2009, on-and-off for over 20 years and wants to chronicle their romance in a memoir set for release early next year.
Tina Constable - senior VP/publisher at Crown Archetype, the company who will publish the book – said: “Ryan O'Neal and Farrah Fawcett's public and private relationship is one of the great Hollywood romances and has fascinated people for more than three decades. Now, Ryan has decided to stop letting other people tell his and Farrah's story and to instead share their epic tale of love and heartbreak himself."
The tome, which is tentatively titled ‘Past Imperfect,' will also feature never-before-seen photos and documents from their life together.
Last year, Ryan – who has a 26-year-old son, Redmond O’Neal, with Farrah – claimed he can still hear Farrah’s voice and missed the blonde beauty every day.
He said: "I hear her voice, I see her silhouette. I miss her cooking. I haven't had a good meal since she left me. It's harder than I thought. I miss her. We all miss her."
As well as the book, the 70-year-old Ryan has made two documentaries about Farrah’s battle with cancer.