Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ryan O’Neal diagnosed with stage four prostate cancer - doctors optimistic
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2012 at 09:27 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
The Daily Mail reports on the Irish American actor’s serious yet optimistic diagnosis.
“Recently I was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer,” said O’Neal is a recent statement.
“Although I was shocked and stunned by the news, I feel fortunate that it was detected early and according to my extraordinary team of doctors the prognosis is positive for a full recovery.”
“I am deeply grateful for the support of my friends and family during this time, and I urge everyone to get regular check-ups, as early detection is the best defense against this horrible disease that has afflicted so many.”
O’Neal’s diagnosis comes just three years after his beloved Farrah Fawcett lost her battle to anal cancer. The two had an on again off again relationship for the best part of thirty years. O’Neal wrote a book about his and Fawcett’s relationship, ‘Both of Us,’ due out next month.
O’Neal also has a famed rocky relationship with his daughter Tatum O’Neal. The two recently attempted a show about their lives on Oprah’s OWN network, but the the series has been regarded as a flop.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...